Reporting to the Controller, the Business Systems Analyst is confident with both business and technical concepts. The successful candidate is comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders from different areas, both internal and external to understand problems and opportunities and recommend solutions to enable the achievement of departmental goals. The ideal candidate is someone who can drive a project in its early stages and push to get the answers you need to see the project through to completion.
Business System Analyst
• Develop an in-depth understanding of current business processes and recommend changes that leverage best usage of the current application or recommend new solutions that integrate with the current ERP.
• Work collaboratively with functional areas to identify and document business requirements.
• Work with the teams to support, investigate, and resolve process issues in different Finance and Operations applications.
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
• Define project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
• Responsible for leading and completing implementation of new solutions.
• Advise on technical issues involving configuration, development, integration.
• Establish solid, working relationships with end users, software vendor, and third-party providers.
• Lead functional testing efforts for enhancements, fixes, and upgrades.
• Research, respond to and resolve inquiries, issues or concerns in a timely manner.
• 5+ years of business systems analysis experience
• Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
• Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
• Experience working with Infor SXe ERP is an asset
• Analytical thinker who can apply BSA techniques to problem solving
• Business process modelling skills
• Personal organization skills to manage work effort to produce quality documentation in a productive and efficient manner
• Ability to clearly document concepts using business and technical terminology
• Effective facilitation skills
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
• Fluent knowledge of English both verbal and written