The Commercial Sales Inside Support position is part of a select team responsible for the development and management of sales initiatives and activities focusing within the commercial segment. This role is the front line customer service representative for commercial accounts. A strategic approach will be critical to the sales process which includes establishing market pricing, tracking and following up on all opportunities, providing technical support and networking with customers and vendors.
• Liaise with the commercial sales team to help build long term strategic partnerships contributing to overall sales growth and profitability.
• Must be comfortable proactively calling sales leads and promoting vendor partners to help create value add opportunities for our customers
• Work well in group atmosphere and be willing to express thoughts and ideas to increase sales
• Highly motivated and comfortable working in fast pace pressure situations
• Assist and support inside sales team with incoming phone calls, faxes and e-mails from customers
• Work with purchasing, quotations, and project management departments to ensure all customers requests are handled in a timely manner.
• Work with Shipping/Customer Service to ensure customers orders are accurate and are on time
• Purchase non stock material and arrange pick-up in accordance with customer expectations through Vendor Pick-ups notices
• Regularly complete Customer Complaint form- discuss and share positive and negative customer feedback with team
• Manage sometimes difficult and emotional customer situations
• Present and maintain active role and involvement in Inside Sales/Order Desk meetings
• Proactive follow up on orders/quotations and requests
• Any other duties as required
• 2 + years of previous experience in a similar role is required
• Strong product knowledge of plumbing and hydronic supplies is required
• Excellent customer service skills is required
• Multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage various orders and activities
• Computer Literate in Microsoft Office
• Team oriented – ability to work well with others and contribute to winning culture
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to remain calm under pressure, react quickly and provide solutions to problems
• High sense of urgency, strong work ethic, willingness to compete and win