The Outside Sales position serves as the primary external contact with our customer base and is tasked with identifying and developing sales opportunities. They are responsible for not only maintaining strong relationships with our customers and managing their accounts, but also serve as a conduit between the customer and our organization.
Sales and Customer Support
• Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers daily
• Build and maintain relationships with new and repeat customers.
• Educate customers on how products or services can benefit them financially and professionally
• Sell the company’s products or services to customers.
• Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand a customer’s specific needs
• Building and maintaining relationships with existing customers through effective communication, whole providing assistance for their daily and long term requirements.
• Based on customer needs, funnel sourcing requests to Inside Sales, Bid Specification, Project Management and Heating departments as required.
• Provide customer support to the customer including, but not limited to answering incoming calls, order entry, product sourcing and follow up as required
• Reviewing daily report to ensure pricing accuracy for customer orders prior to billing
• Coordinating with A/R to work through credit issues and resolve any pricing discrepancies
• Dealing directly with vendors to coordinate product training for customers, source product and secure pricing as required.
• 3 + years of previous experience in a similar role is an asset.
• Strong product knowledge of plumbing and hydronic supplies is a definite asset.
• Excellent customer service skills is required
• Multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage various orders and activities
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
• Self-motivated and results driven
• Team oriented – ability to work well with others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to react quickly to customer requests
• Ability to think strategically
• High sense of urgency and strong work ethic
• Ability to work under pressure and provide logical solutions to customer and internal problems.
• Ability to build long lasting relationships
• Active listening skills